Učitel divadelních umění
Orkun Türkmen is working as an actor, performer, director, and drama leader. After law faculty, he decided to study in the acting department. He graduated from Acting Department — at Anadolu University/School of Music and Drama, Turkey/Eskişehir.
Orkun is currently continuing his master’s program in the theater/drama field at the Graduate School of Fine Arts, Program in Drama, Turkey/Eskişehir. He studied physical theater for one year in Spain-Vigo and one year in Brno (Escola Superior de Arte Dramatica de Galicia and The Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts).
He worked as an actor/performer and director in various projects in Turkey and Europe. Besides, he instructed drama and acting classes with many different groups since 2016.
In addition, Orkun studied Photography and Camera Operation program for two years in Turkey. He participated in the certificate program for preschool education (Developmental Support Certificate Program in Preschool Period for Educators). He also worked as a volunteer in drama education with the Roma community in Hungary (Youthpass Certificate, Mobility of Academy for Exchange of non-formal Youth Practices).
I have improved my understanding of acting and myself in various training modules and continue to improve. I benefit from many different understandings of acting education and pedagogical approach, basically, the opinions of the following masters help the courses: Viola Spolin, Ruth Zaporah, Konstantin Stanislavski, Micheal Chekhov, Anne Bogart, Tina Landau, Augusto Boal, İsmail Hakkı Baltacıoğlu.
What I offer:
- Drama and acting studies for children — it focuses on developing self-knowledge and social skills.
- Basics of Acting for Adults — along with basic acting lessons, it is aimed to develop acting skills and stage experience.
Courses or workshops can arrange if we reach sufficient numbers:
- Moving Body — Focuses on the exploration and development of the possibilities of body expression in theatre (Approaches: Vsevolod Meyerhold, Jerzy Grotowski, Rudolf von Laban, Tadashi Suzuki, Viewpoints, Moshé Feldenkrais).
- Clowning — An exploration of childhood, humor, and stupidity (Pedagogy of Jacques Lecoq).
- Forum Theatre — Augusto Boal’s approach (Forum and Image Theatre) and Paulo Freire’s pedagogy of the oppressed will lead the course. It focuses on understanding the oppressor-oppressed relationship with minority groups and solving the problems we experience.
Welcome to my lessons in Multicultural Center Brusinka in Brno!